Mommy Makeover in Ottawa with Dr. Loizides
A mommy makeover is a customized combination of surgical procedures to restore a woman’s shape and appearance after the changes of pregnancy and breastfeeding, significant weight loss, or aging. A mommy makeover can flatten and tone your abdomen, lift sagging breasts, and enhance or reduce their size, and remove pockets of fat that are resistant to slimming with diet and exercise.
Dr. Photis Loizides offers mommy makeover surgery in Ottawa to women who are unhappy with the ways their bodies have changed after aging, childbearing, or weight loss, and who would like to restore younger-looking curves. Dr. Loizides is a plastic surgeon fully accredited with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. With his extensive training and deep expertise in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, he consistently helps patients achieve the changes they are seeking with natural-looking results.
To learn more about how a mommy makeover might benefit you, contact our practice today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Loizides.
Why Choose Dr. Loizides for Your Mommy Makeover?
Dr. Photis Loizides is highly trained, board-certified, and committed to patient satisfaction through optimal care and premium, natural-looking results. Dr. Loizides and his team put patients at ease throughout the whole experience, from when they reach out for a consultation to their last follow-up appointment. Dr. Loizides properly educates patients before embarking on a procedure and is easy to reach with questions and concerns. For these reasons and more, Dr. Loizides is considered one of the best cosmetic surgeons in Ottawa, Ontario.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
You may be a good candidate for a mommy makeover if you:
- Are bothered by loose, saggy, or hanging skin on your abdomen
- Are unhappy with the shape, size, or projection of your breasts
- Have pockets of fat on your body that resist slimming with diet and exercise
- Are in generally good health and close to your ideal weight
A mommy makeover is not generally recommended if you:
- Smoke and are unable to quit for several weeks before and after the procedure
- Have certain health conditions, such as diabetes or heart problems
- Are significantly overweight
If you are a woman who plans to get pregnant, you may want to wait to have a mommy makeover until you are done having children. The improvements made with a tummy tuck or breast surgery can be lost with a future pregnancy.
The best candidates for a mommy makeover have realistic expectations for the results of the combined procedures and an understanding of the risks.
What Is a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover is a combination of surgical procedures, customized to your needs, to sculpt your body, tighten loose or sagging skin, and eliminate bulges of unwanted fat. The choice of procedures is up to you, to be selected in consultation with Dr. Loizides. It may include:
- A tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) to flatten, smooth, and tone your abdomen by removing excess skin and fat and, as needed, repairing separated abdominal muscles.
- Breast surgery to improve the shape, projection, and size of your breasts, including a breast lift to raise sagging breasts, possibly combined with breast augmentation or breast reduction.
- Liposuction to remove diet- and exercise-resistant pockets of fat around the waist, hips, thighs, buttocks, upper arms, or neck, or elsewhere on your body.
While these are the most common elements in a mommy makeover, they may not be the ones you need. Other surgical procedures to correct stretched or sagging skin and excess fat include arm lift (brachioplasty), back lift, thigh lift, butt lift, facelift, and brow lift. Fat removed from one part of the body with liposuction can be processed for injection in an area that needs more volume (known as fat transfer). Surgical procedures can also be combined with non-surgical procedures, such as injections of dermal fillers and neuromodulators (Botox or Xeomin).
In your consultation with Dr. Loizides, he will perform a thorough physical examination, ask questions to understand how you would like to improve your appearance, and recommend the safest and most effective combination of treatments for your mommy makeover.
The highest standard of plastic surgery
Extensive training and surgical expertise allows Dr. Photis Loizides to consistently help patients achieve their desired, natural-looking results. He is a plastic surgeon fully accredited with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Loizides, please get in touch.
How Might I Benefit from a Mommy Makeover?
Depending on the combination of procedures it includes, a mommy makeover can:
- Flatten and tone your abdomen by removing excess skin and fat and repairing abdominal muscles that have stretched, separated, and weakened with pregnancy and weight changes
- Lift and reshape sagging or flattened breasts
- Enhance or reduce the volume of your breasts to bring the proportions of your body into a more attractive balance
- Eliminate pockets of fat almost anywhere on your body that have proved difficult to get rid of with diet and exercise
- Remove stretch marks
- Restore your pride in your body and boost your self-confidence
What to Expect During a Mommy Makeover Recovery
Recovery from your mommy makeover in Ottawa will depend on which procedures are included. You can expect some swelling, bruising, and discomfort after a tummy tuck or breast surgery, and will need to rest quietly at home for at least a few days. You’ll also need some help with normal tasks for the first few days.
Dr. Loizides will provide you with complete instructions on:
- activities that are recommended and those that should be avoided
- care of the incisions
- ways to manage swelling and discomfort
- when to come in for follow-up visits to check on your progress.
The recovery process varies from person to person, but most patients require one or two weeks off work. Typically, light activities and exercise can be resumed after two weeks. Other activities can gradually be resumed after four to six weeks.
Delivering real results
Opting to have plastic surgery is an enormous decision. We understand.
We want to intimately understand your goals and align on expectations.
Schedule Your Ottawa, Ontario Mommy Makeover Consultation Today
Contact Dr. Loizides’ practice to schedule a consultation for a mommy makeover with Dr. Loizides. He will conduct a thorough examination, ask questions to understand your goals, and recommend the safest and most effective combination of procedures.